information for bands and promoters
We love music and we love putting on gigs. Our bookings are usually proactive, but we also take recommendations from customers, other bands and industry contacts. We will also take bookings from local and national promoters if we believe we can fill the space. We make our money selling beer and the majority of ticket sales will always go to the performers after FOH, PRS and door staff have been paid. Any events that do not involve the selling of alcohol or a different type of event will be negotiated separately.
- Capacity: 150 standing
- Access: The venue is on the first floor with the only access via stairs from street-level load-in. Sorry, we do not have a lift.
- Opening Hours: Soundcheck from 5pm. Doors usually open for customers at 8pm. On stage at 9pm and live music until 11pm. Recorded music until midnight.
- Merchandise: There is limited space to sell merchandise. We can provide a table.
- Mixing Console
- 1 x Allen & Heath R72 with iPad control
- 1 x Allen & Heath iDR-32
- 1 x VDC Patching system – 3 x 12 way stage remotes on VEAM connectors to 36 way soft patch
- FOH Speaker System
- 2 x d&b audiotechnik Q7
- 2 x d&b audiotechnik Q Sub
- 2 x d&b audiotechnik D12
- Monitor System
- 4 x d&b audiotechnik M6
- 2 x d&b audiotechnik D6
- 6 x Shure SM58
- 6 x Shure SM57
- 4 x Sennheiser e904
- 4 x Audio Technica AE5100
- 1 x Shure Beta 52a
- 1 x Shure Beta 91a
- 8 x Klark Teknik DN100 DI Box
- 8 x K&M Tall Boom Mic Stand
- 6 x K&M Short Boom Mic Stand
- 1 x K&M Very Short Mic Stand
- Mains Power
- 1 x 32a Single Phase supply
- 1 x 32a – 6 x 16a Distro
- 8 x 16a – 13a 4 way board
- 2 x Martin Audio Blackline XP12
- 1 x Martin Audio Blackline XP118
- 1 x Martin Audio Blackline XP12
(Valid until January 2022)
- Venue Hire – £205.00
- 1 x ticket staff
- 1 x SIA (security) staff
- 1 x Sound Engineer
- Use of green room & private WC facilities (basic)
- Soft Drinks in green room fridge
- Event Marketing via our website, social media feeds and posters in public areas of the building.
Not included but can be organised at an additional charge:
Photography & Video
We are happy to negotiate terms with bands that may prefer to do a door split and where we feel it is worth us sharing the financial risk when putting on an event. We are always on the lookout for up and coming bands who are just starting out and wanting to flex their performing muscles.
We are happy to consider including supporting bands and can help source local talent where appropriate.
The venue hosts a number of regular club nights each month. Whilst we already have a full roster of DJs, we are happy to consider putting on new nights if we believe they are suitable for the venue.
Door Split 70/30 (to the DJ) after venue hire costs of £205.*
The reason for the split is due to the excessive wear and tear on the building that these nights entail and the risk and safety factors involved in putting on club nights.
*(The costs are reduced if DJs have already played here and are familiar with using the PA equipment).
Late licences & Noise Levels
We are, on occasion, able to apply for a late licence, however, this would need to be for unique events/performances.
Please contact us if you’d like to discuss further.
For nights where we anticipate being sold out, we will consider applying for a late licence til 2am. We only run a handful of late events per year in consideration of our neighbours.
We have a noise level limit that must be strictly adhered to as we are in a semi-residential area. Some styles of repetitive bassy music are not appropriate for the venue due to reverb.
The venue adheres to any, and all, current Government guidelines. In addition to this, all our staff take regular lateral flow tests. We would ask that any performers and support staff visiting the venue also take lateral flow tests before travelling to ensure we are doing all we can to protect our local community. Please note that the venue is an intimate space and it is not possible for performers to be situated at a distance from the audience. As such we will only be hosting gigs and events at a time when social distancing guidelines allow us to do so.